Conditions of Hire
The Hirer is bound by the Committee rules and the Licence regulations which stipulate that:
- Weekday functions must cease at 10.30pm and the car park is emptied by 11.00pm
- Saturday Functions must cease at 11.00pm and the car park is emptied by 11.30pm
1. HIRING CHARGES
- Hiring charges are as per the application form.
- 50% of the hire charge is to be paid on application and is non-returnable if the booking is cancelled.
- The person responsible for hire will ensure that a competent person, who will be in attendance throughout the function, will, read and understand and comply with the Fire Notice to be found in the Hall near the Kitchen.
- All electrical equipment brought into the Hall by the Hirer must have been tested for electrical safety.
- Children’s’ Parties will use the entrance by the side door only
- The Front Entrance is to be kept CLOSED, but is operable throughout the function, as a means of escape.
- Alcohol is NOT PERMITTED on the premises without the written consent of the Chairman.
- Permission to be applied for, in writing, at least 14 days before hire date.
- Alcohol CANNOT BE SOLD on the premises.
5. THE STAGE
- AUDIO equipment must use the sockets sited at the left side of the stage, and must be tested for electrical safety.
- All power in the Hall is controlled by an automatic noise control device, which activates after 7 seconds on the red reading.
6. CAR PARK
- The persons responsible for Hire will ensure that the Car Park is vacated with the minimum of noise, to prevent nuisance to the adjacent properties
- Weekdays cleared by 11pm
- Weekends cleared by 11.30pm
- The kitchen is to be left in a clean and tidy state.
- Any china used is to be washed clean, dried and stored away without damage. Any damage should be reported as soon as possible.
- Care should be taken to ensure the work tops are not marked.
- Chopping boards are provided for your use.
- The hob, oven and refrigerator should be left clean.
- We do not provide tea towels or washing up liquid.
8. TABLES AND CHAIRS
- Tables are to be wiped clean and restacked correctly in the store room.
- Chairs are to be stacked in piles of 8 with seats facing the wall.
- Please use the chair trolley to move stacks of chairs, do not stack higher than 8 as they become unstable.
- The Hirer is responsible for removing all their kitchen waste, rubbish, food, bottles, tins etc. from the site at the end of the hire period.
- The Hirer will be held responsible for ensuring that NO footwear which is liable to damage the floor is used for dancing or other activities.
- Any damage to the hall or its fittings or fixtures during the preparations or function will be paid for by the Hirer.
- Nothing is to be constructed or erected in the hall without prior consent of the Committee.
- NOTHING MAY BE STUCK OR PINNED ON THE WALLS
- There will be NO alterations to hall fixtures or fittings.
12. RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY
- The Committee or their representatives hold the right to refuse entrance to anyone who contravenes these rules.
13. AMENDMENTS TO THE RULES
- Rules and regulations are subject to alteration and amendment by the Hall Committee as the needs occurs.
- Regular hall Hirers using hall storage facilities are responsible for their own insurance.
- CASUAL HIRERS are not allowed to use any of the equipment in the storage room except the tables and chairs. All other items are the personal property of the Regular Hirers.
NOTICE TO ALL ENTERTAINERS
To enable us to comply with the Noise Limitation Order in force at this hall and to respect the rights of nearby residents, all audio equipment must be operated on the stage or the floor in front of the stage. An extension lead may be required as the electrical sockets are situated on the side wall to the left of the stage.
All power in the Hall is controlled by an automatic noise control device which activities after 7 seconds on red. The power then turns off and re-activates after a few seconds.
In addition, all audio equipment must have been tested for electrical safety before being used in the Hall.
Due to the Noise Limitation Order we cannot allow adult discos. We reserve the right to cancel any booking which contravenes these rules.
There are strict rules with regard to the use of Bouncy Castles and Soft Play equipment in the Memorial Hall.
It is your responsibility to obtain from the Supplier of any type of Bouncy/Soft Play apparatus evidence of:
- Public Liability Insurance. (Soft Play)
- A PIPA Certificate (or an acceptable equivalent) (Bouncy Castles).
This ensures that all equipment has regular checks and meets the required safety standards.
Copies of these must be forwarded to the Bookings Officer BEFORE THE HIRE DATE along with the booking form.
If you fail to produce these certificates when returning the Booking Form then the Hall Committee retain the right to refuse use of the equipment and cannot offer a refund for the booking.
A member of staff of the Supplier must be present at all times.
The hall ceiling limits the height allowance for a Bouncy of 10 feet.
South Green Memorial Hall Committee cannot accept any responsibility for any accidents or injuries if hirers use this type of equipment.
Hirers will be liable for any damage to the ceiling or hall equipment.